Friday, February 18, 2011

Dusting off Old Skillz

Years ago, in my glory days, I worked at a custom upholstery shop. It was one of the funnest jobs I have ever had. I learned enough skills to be dangerous - a.k.a. I can fly by the seat of my pants (or by the seat I am working on).

You can save a lot of money by recovering furniture and it is easier than you might think. All you need is a flat head screwdriver and a heavy duty stapler. Here are the before and afters:
Before: Urine stained fabric. I could not get this off fast enough! Don't ask how I ended up paying for this. Let's just say I am getting soft in my old age.
After: Covered with drop cloth. It seems to be very hip right now to use drop cloths for everything from curtains to upholstery. It is a great way to get a lot of fabric for cheap. Just remember to preshrink.

No comments:

Post a Comment