Sunday, January 16, 2011

Raising Daughters = Lots of $ for Gas

Took DD1 with me tonight to run a short errand. I knew it would be a great opportunity for just her and I to talk, and it was. We ended up sitting in the driveway with the car running (to keep us warm) for about 40 minutes. I am finding that raising girls takes a lot of talking time, and it looks like my personal office is turning out to be our car. (It is the only place where I don't get disturbed.)

I found out her friends think I am weird for the following reasons: We have a house cleaner and yet the girls still have to clean their room and bathroom. We don't have cable t.v. and screen time is closely monitored. I also found out that some of her friends don't like me because their moms have started to make them work after talking to me about how we do chores.

I got such a kick out of that and I think it is awesome! It means I'm doing my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment