Monday, January 10, 2011

PF Changs has nothing on these





With a stroke of brilliance I have won the salad fight with the DDs!! Yes, I invented the "Salad Wrap" and now my kids can't get enough salad! No kidding DD3 will eat 12 of these (the equivalent of 6 full romaine leaves) and they are the first thing she asks for during dinner.
Ingredients:
Whole Romaine Lettuce Leaves rinsed
Whole Spinach Leaves rinsed
Croutons
Anything else you want to sneak into their mouths
Dressing of your choice

Assemble:
Rip the lettuce away from the main stem of the leaf (romaine). Then pile 3-4 spinach leaves at one end. Put one crouton on top of the spinach. Place small dab of dressing and roll it up.
I have found they are also a good way for me to eat a lot of salad w/out a lot of dressing. It is also a great way to sneak spinach into their diets. I showed you the container that I use to store the lettuce. It is by Lock and Lock and has a slotted bottom insert to allow water to drain away from the lettuce. (One job the DDs do is to rinse the leaves for dinner.)

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. You're back! Yea! And what a great idea. My kids are huge crouton lovers so I will definitely give that a try! Thanks for the tip, and I hope you find lots more "mommy breaks" with time for blogging your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete