Monday, January 4, 2010

My Life on Film

The holidays are over, our family has left, the cold I have been running from all week has finally caught up with me, and I wanted to chill. I did something I rarely do, I sat in bed and watched a movie - Julie and Julia.

I thought I was settling into a movie about cooking. Strangely though, as the movie developed, I felt like so much of me was playing out before my eyes. A tall woman, with short curly hair. A big personality that LOVES people. And so competitive it drives her to do things that other people either say are impossible, or that they can't believe you are doing that particular thing. Sometimes I can't believe it and sometimes I drive even myself crazy.

Then there is a husband that is shorter than you, especially when you wear heels. He is so sweet and supportive that he not only puts up with the craziness of what you are doing, but actually encourages it. He listens and gets excited when you show him your latest trash find, or tell him how much you saved on groceries. He even helps clip and organize the coupons. And you are crazy in love to boot. (Only my hubby still has his hair and prefers no facial hair.)

You are driven by a passion that shapes your life into something you never thought it would be. You want to teach it to others so that their lives can be fuller too. For Julia it was cooking, for me it is frugal living.

There is also a blog. You want your ideas to be heard so you put them out into cyberspace. Hoping that someone will read them - and appreciate them. You think, "How hard can it really be?" and start to type.

Then you realize that it takes TONS of time and wonder if anyone is even reading it. And is it worth the time? Still, my mind mulls continually about what to write. What nugget of frugality can I possibly share that will make a difference in someone else's life?

And even if I don't have a ton of readers I will continue to write. I will write for my daughters. This will be the place where I write down the things I wish my mother would have taught me. I don't want time to dim the information that has been so powerful in my own life.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a ton of followers (and if you read this, please sign up :), but I think I have come to realize that I blog because I have a passion for what I do. I LOVE TO SAVE MONEY and I LOVE PEOPLE and I LOVE TO TEACH.

But for now I must go. It is 11 pm and I should have been asleep two hours ago to help with this cold.

Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog and I LOVE IT!!! Wish I was more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Crystal! You are amazing in your own right. I don't know how you do everything you do.

    ReplyDelete