Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Budgeting Class


Okay readers here is an opportunity to see me in the flesh. (Well not all the way in the flesh, but at least in person :). I am going to be teaching a class on budgeting and you are invited. Here are the details.

When: Wed., Jan. 27,2009
Where: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building
2530 Stinson Lane
Norristown, PA
Time: 7:00-9 or 9:30 pm depending on how many questions there are.
Fee: FREE - my favorite word.

Details: My Husband, Marcus, and I will be going through how to set up and execute (not kill, but to make it work) a budget. It is encouraged, not necessary, that couples attend. Or come by yourself if you don't have a significant other. However, NO babysitting will be offered. (even I have to hire a sitter.)
We will be offering a budgetcomputer program that can help you in setting up your budget. The cost for that will be $1 to cover the cost of the cd. I am also hoping to be able to offer some of the budget tools we will be talking about. Since I haven't seen anything like them, I have to manufacture them. I have no idea how much they will cost or if I will have the time. But hopefully they won't be more than $25. (I am only charging for the materials.) If you are interested, please bring cash. Also, hopefully they will be simple enough that you can make them yourselves as well.

If you are planning on coming. Please reply in the comments area. I want to make sure that we have enough chairs and a room big enough.
*Do you know how hard it is to find a picture with just Marcus and me? Usually I am the one behind the camera. Luckily, I did find one. Isn't he cute? When he isn't squinting he is even cuter. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh good! I think I missed the last one you did, or I thought you did one and maybe you haven't...either way, count me and Johnny in! Also, have you ever seen Mint.com? Its a great budgeting tool I've been using, thought I'd get your opinion on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you still can make it. We will be talking about Mint.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennie! Not sure if you remember me...I went to school with John I found your website through John's while I was leaving a comment about his beautiful new baby. I haven't had a chance to read through your blog completely...but I really have tried to figure out this whole coupon thing and I just don't get it! Sure wish you were in Utah to take me shopping! It just seems so overwhelming! Especially since the classes I have taken make it sound like hours of cutting coupons and it takes months to actually see the results. So frustrating! Anyway...I am really wanting to try to save money on groceries...I would also like to ask you a few things about the areas around you...my husband is looking into CRNA schools and we are favoring the PA area!
    So...you hold a lot of info I need sister.
    When I get more time I am definitely going to be reading this entire blog :) Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kati,

    Welcome aboard!! I think I have some tools that will help you in your grocery shopping. Look at my other site www.TheCouponBinder.com.

    Also, while you're there shoot me an email with your phone number. We can set up a time to talk and you can pepper me with all the questions you want!

    ReplyDelete