Monday, April 11, 2011

Tot Tool

I don't know about you, but I get so tired of having to stop what I am doing to turn on/off a light for my kids. But it isn't really fair to make DD3 brush her teeth in the dark when she isn't tall enough to reach the light.


That is when we discovered the highly sophisticated Light Tool a.k.a. a children's clothes hanger. This tool has been awesome and has given DD3 a sense of independence and pride. This is still a new tool to her so as you watch the video, pay attention to how she uses it in different ways until she gets it. She is also demonstrating two different kinds of light switches - the kind that pokes out that you could flip and the other is the kind that is flatter that you push on.


Also a little funny side note. In the first one, if you listen carefully you can hear DD4 spit up and that is when DD3 grosses out. I thought that was so funny! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I am totally trying that. Our houses light switches are unusually high on the wall so we have this problem. I love the hanger- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You win again Jen! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius. I wish we had the flip kind of light switches. You just push on ours at the top or bottom. Luckily, Gabby has learned to take her stool around the house to turn on light switches.

    ReplyDelete