Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Heard Angels Singing

You know, we have been at Life Skillz training for about 20 months now. It has been A LOT of work, with much whining, and pushing on the DH's and my part. Most of the time we wonder if they are ever going to be able to do these things without us constantly pushing. (It is more work to teach your kids to work than just doing the work yourself.)

Then it happened. The last time they cleaned their bathroom, they did it by themselves. No whining, no asking for help, and it didn't take all morning. I walked by it after they were done and I swear I heard angels singing. I was so impressed at how well it was done that I just kept saying, "Wow!" over and over. (DD1 thought that was pretty funny.)

So this is what it looked like. I didn't touch a thing for the pic! One of my big things is that they put everything away. Most of the time they leave stuff out and I am constantly saying, "If you're going to clean, it should look like you did." They did a pretty awesome job huh? Maybe they are getting it.

4 comments:

  1. What a LOVELY bathroom!! Well done my fabulous neices!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you know I'm joking if I tell you to have them put the toilet seat down for photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, my word verification was "bmilk".... just what a nursing mama wants to be told.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em - I thought that same thing when I was posting the pics! And too funny about the bmilk... :)

    ReplyDelete