Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life Skillz - Recruiting Help




Part of Life Skillz is recruiting other people to help train your children. I love this because my girls learn skillz from other people who are better at a skill than I am. They also listen better because it isn't coming from dear-old-mom.
Last week, a friend of mine and I hosted Life Skillz training for about 12 girls in our church ages 8-11. The topics were hair (taught by my hair stylist), fashion (taught by a very fashionable art teacher), and nutrition (by a high school athlete).

It was a smashing hit in my estimation! The girls learned a lot of great skills and had fun doing it in groups. I am happy to report that my girls are coordinating outfits better, are FINALLY using product on their hair, and are much more conscious of the sugar they eat. LOVIN' THE SKILLZ! It is also so nice to be able to remind them of the info they learned from other people. Since the info didn't come from me it seems less like nagging. Hooray for that!
If you want more details of what was taught and how it was run, let me know. I would love to share them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a great idea! I wish McKinley had been old enough to come (especially for the clothes part since we could use a little help in that area...)!

    And I love your pregnant pictures! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete