Monday, August 30, 2010

My Baby Handbooks

I need information. Info calms me and helps me plan a path forward. I need it for everything - including raising kids and babies.

So, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite baby books that have been our "how to" books when we have been clueless. (We still refer to them every time we have a baby.)

Sleep Issues - Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child by Marc Weissbluth
- Solving your Child's Sleep Problems by Ferber (use the sleep tracking chart in this)
Breastfeeding - The Nursing Mother's Companion
Baby Sign - just looked up info on the Internet, checked out books from the library
- LOVE doing baby sign, highly recommend it. We start around 10 mos. old.
Calming Crying Baby - The Happiest Baby on the Block.

Another valuable source is other parents. I love hearing what works for others to see if it would work for me. I would love to hear what books or things have helped you with your babes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my absolute favorite nursing book was The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Jack Newman. I literally have read every book on breastfeeding out there, and this one is far and away the best book ever. Dr. Newman runs a big breastfeeding clinic in Canada, and this book is seriously like having your own lactation consultant. I wish I still had my copy (I gave it to a sister-in-law), because I would totally lend it to you because I seriously love it that much. I like the Nursing Mother's Companion too (it's much better than a few of the other ones), but I really liked Dr. Newman's. I think they all have portions on feeding twins, and I know this one did too so maybe it'd be helpful if you can find one at the library or something.

    Anyway, your other books listed are great ones. I loved Happiest Baby on the Block and Ferber's book....you have great taste! ;) Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon,
    Thanks for the nursing book title. I am most scared about breastfeeding these kiddos, so any great book is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete