Thursday, March 4, 2010

Want Spot Filled


A few months ago I blogged about the "Want Spot". The place within us that holds our wants, and that is ALWAYS filled with wants. I talked about keeping mine around a while to see if I really did want that particular thing and if I did then to see if I could get it at a reduced price.


One of my wants this past winter was an Amaryllis bulb. It costs only about $6, but it wasn't a necessity and I figured if I could deny myself that, then I could deny myself of bigger things. (I do practice saying "no" to myself too -not just to my kids. :)


Well two days ago I was offered an Amaryllis for FREE. Turn out there is a lady in my congregation that has a real knack for propagating them. She found out I wanted one and offered to give me one - which I totally jumped on. I am also going to find out how she takes care of them and maybe I can grow my own from now on.


Try it. Pick one of your wants and keep it around for a while. See what happens when you do. I think you will be surprised at how much better - and cheaper - the outcome is.

No comments:

Post a Comment