Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Did You Think to Pray?

Now that I am shutting down my business, I feel that I can now really open up about my frugality in a spiritual way. God is such a big part of our lives, and I have to give him credit for many things - including my frugality.

A few months ago we were hit with the "Many major things breaking at the same time" phase in life. You know the one, several major appliances go out, you have major medical bills, etc., etc. We had been going through this, and then one day the washer stops working. It was full of laundry and soapy water.

I got everyone off to school and work. Feeling overwhelmed, I dropped to my knees and prayed to God asking him to at least fix something in my life. I then went back into the washer and felt God guiding me to the solution. I got it to work and was saved the time and money of replacing it!

I shared this experience with my dear friend who's mom was dying. She ran into a similar situation with a car. She remembered my experience and she prayed for help. Right after her prayer the car started and she could do what she needed to take care of her mom.

God knows each of us and our situations. He wants to bless us and help us. The question is - do we think to pray?

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel...:( Seems we've been facing the one unexpected financial burden after another these days. From losing jobs, moving across the country too many times, washing machines breaking, medical bills, a maternity leave that is not prepared for because I had no time to work and prepare for it, and a nanny that doesn't show up so we can go to work and make the money we need to ease the burden just a little....sigh...life is so hard. Hang in there, I will take your advice and pray more fervently.

    ReplyDelete