Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Steps

I was thinking about my frugal transformation today. Often I have mentioned that it came on out of necessity and a bit of work. So I decided to help many of you take the same journey, tell you how to do it step, by step.

I am hoping that this will help transform your attitude and thinking into a more frugal one. Then, you won't have to rely on other people to tell you where the good deals are, but you will be able to do it yourself (This reminds me of the DH's Musing post :).

The first challenge this week is to visit a Thrift Store. The mission, to buy a really great Christmas present for cheap. Many times Thrift Stores get a bad rap. I know, I used to swear them off or laugh when people talked about them. But I can tell you that now, most of my DH's professional wardrobe comes from the Thrift Store - and he gets compliments all the time.

You will be surprised at what you find. If you don't find something at one, visit another. Hit this link to find a list of thrift stores near you. www.TheThriftShopper.com. I can't wait to hear what you find.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. I accept your challenge. I heard Connie T. and you talking about them last year and keep meaning to try it out but have never made it happen! THIS WEEK I am going to try to go! Thanks for the push!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Devon,
    Try out Liberty Thrift and Little Liberty in Collegeville. These are my two personal favorites. I can't wait to hear what you find!

    Connie T. was the one who introduced me to thrift stores. When we go we call it "Thriftin'". My girls beg to go thriftin' because it is such a fun experience, and I am much more willing to get them stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went for the first time on 8/17 - which happened to be National Thrift Store Day, who knew? - and bought something for 17% off. The kids loved it because they each got a free piece of cake :)

    ReplyDelete