Sunday, July 12, 2009

Beware of the Helping Husband

My DH did something really awful this weekend in his pursuit to help me. It was an honest mistake, so I am still talking to him. (Our girls were a little disappointed they didn't get to see him get in trouble. Our five year old was really trying hard to persuade me into disciplining him :) However, I am asking for your help so that we can avoid the same mistake twice.

The mistake was this: He tried to use oven cleaner to clean off the Pam residue from my cookie sheets. It was not efficient enough to try the famous "inconspicuous spot". So he did all four at the same time. (He is an engineer.) However it ruined my pans completely.

Do any of you know how to clean off the Pam residue off of cookie sheets SAFELY? The person that gives me the winning answer will win Category Tabs and Sorting mats from http://www.thecouponbinder.com/.

Can't wait to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Try good old vinegar with hot water...or just some vinegar alone. It works wonders on stainless steel pans--but you need to let it soak. Worth a shot atleast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think baking soda would work. Just let it sit for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use SOS pads on my cookie sheets and baked on grease comes right off without hurting my pans!

    ReplyDelete