Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Weigh-in

This morning started out as a tough run. My ipod ran out of batteries just as it was getting hard (which was pretty early on :). Also, I couldn't find my workout hat so the sun was in my eyes, and DD1 was out with an injury.

Despite all of that, the morning was gorgeous and I ran 3 miles without stopping!! When I started all of this all I did was run down our street and walk back up it three times. Now I ran the whole development. Small and simple steps can take you long distances.

Also, I lost two pounds this week. So that makes 15 so far!! I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and halfway to where I want to be.

The tip this week comes from my father-in-law -and he doesn't even know it. He and my MIL are avid runners. I asked him once how he got to LIKE running. To my surprise he told me he doesn't like it. He said it is like banging your head against a wall - it feels so good when you stop.

So today when it got hard, I thought, "It's like banging your head against the wall Jen, it will feel so good when you stop." And it did!!

Have a great weekend!
j

1 comment:

  1. Aaah! I can't believe how many great posts I've missed. When does life stop being so busy?
    Here are my comments from the last two weeks:

    1. You are doing amazing with your running! I've started back up, but my battle is with finding time rather than not enjoying it. The beating the head against a wall thing cracks me up though! Soo funny! Everyone has those days.

    2. You are so gutsy to have called your doctor! Jennie, I have to give you major props for that! What a great solution though. And I love your idea of kids going to play in their rooms for at-home dates. We usually just put them all to bed, but then we don't get started with our fun until 8 or 8:30. Brilliant!

    3. I have a sloppy joe recipe that my family (and even I) really love. A friend had made them for us and Milt seriously was in heaven, so she even renamed her recipe "Milt's favorite sloppy joes" and sent it to me. It's a bunch of seasonings with the meat, plus you add green peppers -- and they are really good. I'll have to send you the recipe so you can try it. No hidden veggies though, they're easy to see.

    4. As far as what I'd like to read about, I LOVE seeing and hearing others ideas about how they organize things...in detail. Your clothes post was great and made me smile. Children's clothes is just about the only thing that I actually do organize, and you did a great job explaining it! I never organize by season for storing sizes either -- I just take out long-sleeved shirts and sweaters, jackets, etc from drawers and put them away during summer, and shorts, swimsuits away in Winter (if that makes sense). But any ideas about organizing a pantry, closet, drawers, kids art, garages, photos, etc would be wonderful...I always get good ideas from hearing how others solve their clutter problems!

    You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete