Thursday, October 15, 2009

To All the Tired Moms Out There - Let It Go.

Tonight I am blogging to all the tired moms out there, me included. Have you had a hectic day? Sick kids, picking them up from school, running them to the doctor (twice, because you forgot the right time of the visit), running back to school to pick up missed homework, going to the grocery store to get dinner, going back home, high fiving DH as he comes home and then leaves to help a family pack a moving truck, get the kiddos in bed, etc. etc.
I know that there are a bazillion women out there who are feeling the same way I am. I guess putting it out there into cyber space helps me feel connected to them some how.
With all the mistakes I made today, I did do something smart. I put my 2 year old to bed in the clothes she had been wearing all day. I did not have the energy to dig through the mountain of laundry to find her pajamas. If I had, I knew it would be a struggle to get them on. Why do that just to take them off again in the morning?
Nope, instead I brushed her teeth, read her books, rocked her, and kissed her goodnight. Then I left with a smile on my face because I let something insignificant go - and I good with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment